United States Postal Service (USPS) New Service Standards
On Friday, October 1st, the United States Postal Service implemented new standards for First Class Mail pieces that are sent to a destination outside of the originating USPS local area. Transit times will now increase by 1 or 2 days depending on the distance between the sender and recipient. The mail service estimates that 30% of first class mail recipients will see a delivery time of 4 to 5 days.
What this means for OUR CUSTOMERS using standard mail delivery methods –
Statements, payments, and any correspondence sent via mail could take longer to reach its destination. You should allow additional mailing time for payments, statements, etc. For your convenience, digital options are available to help manage communications with us and your account activity through our mobile app or digital banking at www.murphywall.com.
What services are available?
- Secure banking 24/7 through mobile app or website
- Ability to submit secure online payments and transfers
- Digital statement, notice and disclosure delivery – no longer dependent on paper mail delivery
- Statements are available for 12 months on the mobile app or website
- Online Bill Pay available to send payments electronically
- Secure electronic requests and notifications
If you have any questions regarding available digital services, please contact a Customer Service Representative online at www.murphywall.com or by phone at 1-877-358-6554.
More information on the new USPS delivery standards can be found here.